Remove this ad

alexa

Lead

Nov 26 15 2:16 PM

Tags : :

http://www.westfalen-heute.de/mitteilung.php?39661
" In 2016, Kunsthalle Bielefeld will show for the first time in Europe the oeuvre of british artist Antony Hegarty, so far mainly known for her musical achievements. She is an important person of identification for the Transgender and Transexual Movement,
in her work also strongly engaged in political issues. Hegarty is curating the exhibition
"My Truth" , dedicated to the works of Peter Hujar, James Elaine and Kazuo Ono.
Next to them we will see works of Antony as well, documenting her political engagement. "
The exhibition is sponsored with 180.000 € by the cultural foundation of the federal government.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Rosa Blackstar

#1 [url]

Nov 26 15 3:54 PM

Thanks for posting and for the translation, alexa!!! Certainly this has to be the exhibition that Anohni told us about in the interview. I hope you can easily go to Bielefeld to see it. It seems highly interesting. 

Quote    Reply   

alexa

#2 [url]

Nov 26 15 5:52 PM

Oh, yes !! And always nice to know the German Government is sometimes doing something good and sensible ( like helping to finance an Anohni -Exhibition through a
cultural foundation ). I will tell everyone around to go ( a big part of my family lives close to Bielefeld !). It will be very interesting and intriguing, I am sure!!
I saw an exhibition in Milano ( It's not only Rock'n Roll, Baby!) a few years back, including quite a lot of Anohni's work together with Bianca Casady, Patti Smith,
Pete Doherty..... and others, it was great - and wonderful to see Anohni's work properly exhibited on a bigger scale - many of the pictures shown there are in the Swanlights Book, but it's a different thing to see them large !

Last Edited By: alexa Nov 26 15 7:22 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Ricardo Babooshka

#3 [url]

Nov 28 15 2:37 AM

oh !!! great news !!! thank u thank u thank u !!!!!!!!!!! keep us posted! it would be great to get to go there during the inaugural evening or something

after watching anohni perform for a long time now it would be great to view showcased a completely different side of her work

i admit i had to google where bielefeld was.

Quote    Reply   

alexa

#4 [url]

Dec 16 15 5:38 PM

http://www.nw.de/nachrichten/kultur/20651863_Kunsthalle-geht-mit-Schwung-ins-naechste-Jahr.html
July 23 to October 16 , Kunsthalle Bielefeld "Anohni. My Truth"
 Maybe - maybe !! - not confirmed yet....  she will also sing there !!! Sorry, I don't have the time now for a big translation......
It will be , as already mentioned, Peter Hujar, James Elaine, Kazuo Ono, as curated by Anohni, and on the second floor, Anohni's own works will be shown, part of which she still seems to be working on in Berlin at the moment. Her work is praised, the political elements are mentioned and the director of Kunsthalle Bielefeld says it will be the most experimental exhibition they ever had there ! It sounds really exciting !!

Quote    Reply   

Rosa Blackstar

#5 [url]

Dec 17 15 12:47 AM

Oh, it sounds absolutely exciting! "Anohni. My Truth", and  Peter Hujar, Kazuo Ono, James Elaine... (maybe William Basinsky will be there too). 
I'm already thinking of traveling to Germany... I'd love to see the artwork of Anohni, and if she will also sing, it can be perfect! Please, Alexa, keep us informed!!! image 

Last Edited By: Rosa Blackstar Dec 17 15 5:02 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

alexa

#7 [url]

Dec 18 15 6:06 PM

So far, it seems ro be July 23rd.......
And whether Anohni will sing there as well  ( for the opening or on another day ) has been left open, 

Quote    Reply   

Rosa Blackstar

#14 [url]

Jul 21 16 2:29 PM

This quote from our interview to Anohni makes sense now. Or maybe it's just my perception?

Which artistic period do you feel more attracted to? Which artists do you like the most? 
In terms of painting, I like Veronica’s Veil! 

Anohni - My Father's Head, 2015

Quote    Reply   

Ricardo Babooshka

#20 [url]

Aug 30 16 3:24 AM

these were one of my favourite partes from the exhibition:

- these two were my favourite works from Anohni. so simple and beautiful, and with a strong message. of course, i enjoyed the whole exhibition, but these two particularly spoke to me.

and i loved seeing these three pictures of Don Felix Cervantes in big format being shown in a museum. after the crying light came out, i spent so many hours listening to the album and seeing these three pictures on the vinyl edition and thinking: "they are just perfect, amazing, beautiful. they would deserve to be exhibited". so seeing them in Bielefeld was really like a dream came true.

ab

I loved  James Elaine's, Peter Hujar's, Kazuo Ohno's and Johanna Constantine's work as well, of course. James Elaine was a really intesresting discovery. Peter Hujar's "classic" photographs with such an "underground" thematic on them were just amazing to watch. Kazuo Ohno's film is always interesting, and brought me back to Anohni's concerts where she would play it on the background. And Johanna's portrait was intesresting as always, being able to appreciate all the tiny details on her make-up, which I'm usually not able to when I see her perform live.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help