Remove this ad

alexa

#23 [url]

Aug 30 16 10:42 PM

;-))
And thanks for sharing your favorites, Ricardo !
If I had to pick a favorite, I would have a hard time to decide, I loved so many/ close to all  of them !
Maybe the painting with the little green sculptures arranged in front of it ?
Or the one that resembles a blue sky with clouds , which is also a collage, with the red lines ?
Or the flying objects with the paper rolls coming down the wall, having little black spots/signs  on them, looking like a kind of black and well visible braille ? 
Or what looks like black Anohni- curls behind glass ?? I really loved that one a lot ! 
And then, there's James Elaine..... 
Hm...... !
I like your new avatar;-)) I have a similar photo, just taken from  the other other side ( on the left, because of the reflection, it looks as if I was a foggy person in her head ;-)
How wonderful you could stay there the whole weekend and take a close look !  
Btw, in the video of Kunsthalle, we see the photo from  the "You are my sister " EP. Did you notice that in the exhibition as well ???
( I am suspecting I have missed a few things...... not sure though ).  But I haven't seen this photo ! 

Last Edited By: alexa Aug 30 16 10:46 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Ricardo Babooshka

#24 [url]

Aug 31 16 2:34 AM

the cover of You Are My Sister wasn't in the Kunsthalle. in the video they were showing downstairs, there was as well a scene where we could see a poster of Divine, similar to the one of Soft Cell, that wasn't either in the Kunsthalle.

my guess is that that footage was taken in earlier stages of the exhibition, and then its final shape was different. 

but during the weekend i was thinking as well, maybe there's a secret room i'm missing. but i was there three times and i didn't see it, and i explored thoroughly :)

for example, the first day i missed the little room with Johanna's portrait

Quote    Reply   

alexa

#25 [url]

Aug 31 16 1:54 PM

Yes , a secret room...... 
I have seen photos of the exhibition afterwards and knew I didn't see this........ Though I was there for 3 days and also thought I had explored it thoroughly!
That made me feel as if I had missed something. And wanting to return to check it out- if it wasn't so far ! 
But maybe I was just confused;-)) Like I was trying to find " My Father's Head" and could not find it. Did you see it ? 

Quote    Reply   

Ricardo Babooshka

#26 [url]

Sep 1 16 11:15 AM

My Father's Head wasn't there either, unless it was in the hidden room, of course

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help