6th May
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Ricardo Babooshka

#1 [url]

Mar 9 16 4:23 PM

links to preorder the new album:

http://store.roughtraderecords.com/anohni-hopelessness.html (Rough Trade. Europe)

http://www.secretlycanadian.com/onesheet.php?cat=SC333 (Secretly Canadian. US)

ATTENTION !!!

in rough trade there is a "an incredible Limited Edition 12” which is Double Grooved and features the Instrumentals and Vocals of “4 Degrees” and “Drone Bomb Me”. A double grooved or multisided record is a type of vinyl that has more than one groove per side, which track is played depends on where the listener’s needle lands! Limited to 500 copies."

"The lyrics are included in English as standard in all album packaging, however for the following language's we have bonus lyric translation booklets: French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, Danish, Swedish, Japanese, Dutch & German. If you are non-english speaking as a first language please select your booklet of choice from the dropdown menu with your order."

in secretly canadian there is a "HOPELESSNESS Deluxe Bundle. 1. HOPELESSNESS on 180 gram black vinyl LP / 2. HOPELESSNESS on CD / 3. Limited edition double-groove black bag 12" EP Side A - '4 Degrees' (a capella + instrumental) Side B - 'Drone Bomb Me' (a capella + instrumental) / 4. 11" x 17" poster featuring HOPELESSNESS cover art / 5. Instant download of 'Drone Bomb Me' / 6. Digital download code for the album (as a .zip file containing 320kbps mp3s) redeemable May 6, 2016"

Bonus 12” Tracklisting
Side A:
1.  4 Degrees (a capella + instrumental)
Side B:
2.  Drone Bomb Me (a capella + instrumental)

BE QUICK!!!!

Last Edited By: Ricardo Babooshka Mar 9 16 4:33 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Ricardo Babooshka

#2 [url]

Mar 9 16 4:27 PM

some info on the album:

from Rough Trade:

HOPELESSNESS is a dance record with soulful vocals and lyrics addressing subjects including surveillance, drone warfare and ecocide. The album seeks to disrupt assumptions about popular music through the collision of electronic sound and highly politicized lyrics.To coincide with the Climate Conference in Paris last December, ANOHNI released her debut single, “4 Degrees”The Guardian called it “Hugely affecting… instantly earns its place in the pantheon of great musical protests.”

from Secretly Canadian:

Late last year, ANOHNI, the lead singer from Antony and the Johnsons, released "4 DEGREES", a bombastic dance track celebrating global boiling and collapsing biodiversity. Rather than taking refuge in good intentions, ANOHNI gives voice to the attitude sublimated within her behavior as she continues to consume in a fossil fuel-based economy. ANOHNI released "4 DEGREES," the first single from her upcoming album HOPELESSNESS, to support the Paris climate conference this past December.

The song emerged earlier last year in live performances. As discussed by ANOHNI: "I have grown tired of grieving for humanity, and I also thought I was not being entirely honest by pretending that I am not a part of the problem," she said. "'4 DEGREES' is kind of a brutal attempt to hold myself accountable, not just valorize my intentions, but also reflect on the true impact of my behaviors."

The album, HOPELESSNESS, to be released world wide on May 6th 2016, is a dance record with soulful vocals and lyrics addressing surveillance, drone warfare, and ecocide. A radical departure from the singer's symphonic collaborations, the album seeks to disrupt assumptions about popular music through the collision of electronic sound and highly politicized lyrics. ANOHNI will present select concerts in Europe, Australia and the US in support of HOPELESSNESS this Summer.

- - -
"Hopelessness is the genius of Anohni and her masterful songwriting. The long low sexy beats, the skittering colorful and playful rhythms surround her voice, which is the silky center. Anohni has replaced the stories of abandonment, pain and desire with the biggest issues of our time. This revolutionary move is truly astounding. She understands the disasters of war, climate collapse and totalitarianism in its many new forms. She understands media and she understands groove. Hopelessness is an entirely new mix of love and power, sex and despair delivered with her heavenly voice and incantatory melodies."--
Laurie Anderson, NYC 2016

"Once, some time ago, Anohni, who sings so exquisitely on this new record which is really about defiance and naming names--the name you want to be called, your birthright--was known as Antony but it didn't measure up to what was felt inside, and it is my belief that Anohni's voice would have closed up if Anohni had stayed Antony and the words would have stopped, too, because the naming was not as accurate as Anohni's soul required to sing what needed to be sung. And written. In a sense Hopelessness is Anohni's first album--or first album as a true body, which is housed, now, in the soulful shelter of sound: sound that stretches Anohni's throat and tongue and words and thus our hearts. The record is fierce--fierce in its desire to breathe and be heard."--
Hilton Als, NYC 2016

"Anohni has arrived at the high table of electronic nowness. She has moved from the lush pastoral piano modern compositional landscape framing her voice into a more immediate world of dance-mutated electronica. A lyrical content that is deadly serious, the words and phrases of someone struggling to come to terms with the violence and shattering armaments of the human race violating and obliterating itself. Wondering about complicity and one's place on this poisoned planet. Was pop ever so revelatory or so profound?"--
Geoff Travis, London 2016

Last Edited By: Ricardo Babooshka Mar 9 16 4:29 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

magnitudo

#4 [url]

Apr 8 16 3:13 AM

Nearly 42 minutes of new music

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Ricardo Babooshka

#5 [url]

Apr 20 16 2:32 AM

https://anohni.bandcamp.com/album/hopelessness

and it looks like Bianca and Sierra Casady are singing in one song !!! exiciting news

releases May 6, 2016

ANOHNI: Vocals, Beat programming, Keyboards, Piano
Daniel Lopatin (aka Oneohtrix Point Never): Beat programming, keyboards
Ross Birchard (aka Hudson Mohawke): Beat programming, keyboards

Violent Men:

Bianca Casady: additional vocals
Sierra Casady: additional vocals

Quote    Reply   

alexa

#6 [url]

May 6 16 2:07 PM

Day One of the release of "Hopelessness" !😘😘
I am listening on constant replay - overwhelmed, in love, completely fascinated..... ❤️ 
What an amazing, awe-inspiring album ! 
All tracks are fantastic and stand on their own , 'favorites' shifting, changing with every replay...... 
Apart from the two tracks we already knew - 4 degrees with rare euphoric soundscapes ( a bit reminiscent in the best of ways of 'The Big Sky', ' Hounds of Love',' Cloudbusting' by Kate Bush ) in stark contrast to the lyrics , 'Drone bomb me' ( absolutely heartbreaking) ; ' Watch Me' gives me goosebumps and chills, ' Obama' is one of the most fascinating, darkest tracks I have ever heard (sounds like a dark spirit addressing evil powers), 'Violent Men' is wonderfully experimental, 'Hopelessness' sheer genius concerning the contrast of lyrics and exuberant music...... 💖
EVERY song is special, a gem, 
unique and all in all, this is one album you can listen to thousands of times and still be amazed, intrigued..... and it will ALWAYS be an exciting listen.
LOVE and BIGGEST congratulations for being so brave, courageous, honest to bluntly speak the truth.
Musically and lyrically surely one of the albums for eternity!!!  XXXXX!! 

Last Edited By: alexa May 10 16 5:31 PM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   

Rosa Blackstar

#7 [url]

May 8 16 2:25 PM

Thank you for your beautiful words, alexa! It's so similar to what I feel... But I'm still listening to the album over and over again, obsessively, and I am unable to write my excited thoughts about this immensity. I need to allow some time... but I will! image

Quote    Reply   

Ricardo Babooshka

#8 [url]

May 15 16 12:40 PM

beautiful words, alexa. i'm trying to come up with some of my own to try to sum up the genius of hopelessness but i'm finding it quite difficult. it's not easy to speak about such an amazing record.

can't wait fot the concerts

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help